Basement Finishing in Madison, WI
Transforming your dark, dingy basement into a functioning space is a great way to add value to your home. Besides adding value, a new basement offers a variety of functions. Whether you’re looking to create and extra room, home office or even a home theater, Mad City would love to help you in the process of creating the perfect renovations to your basement.
Basement finishing is essentially the process to make use of the space in your basement. This is usually beneficial to everyone in your household. When you decide to finish your basement, you will be increasing the living space in your home while providing a room that can serve a variety of useful functions. When you do decide to finishing your basement, you should hire a contractor or contracting company. You will find that this method is a lot more affordable than doing an addition to your home. The best part is that you don't have to start from scratch as the structural elements are all already in place. In a couple of hours or days and with certain materials, you can transform your basement into wonderful living space
As you research your options and consider basement finishing ideas, learn why basements are different from the rest of your home, how you can turn your basement into a “dream room”, and how construction materials can impact your remodeled basement for the long-term.
Not sure where to start with remodeling your basement? Let the expertise of Mad City Roofing help you create the basement of your dreams, request a FREE CONSULTATION today!
Mad City and the Matrix Basement Finishing System Advantage
A basement like no other...
• Fire Resistant
• Mildew / Mold Resistant
• Updatable Decor
• Energy Efficient
Matrix has reinvented basement finishing by offering the industry’s only seamless, waterproof, paintable and environmentally-friendly wall system.
Matrix uses the most efficient form of insulation. Our special wall system boasts an R-value of 18. You will feel the difference in climate control! Matrix Basements are backed by a lifetime, transferable warranty that will give you peace of mind for years to come. Call us for your free consultation! Click here to read more about the Matrix Basement Finishing System.
Advantages of Finishing your Basement
- Comfortable Useable Space –You could use the space in your basement as-is, maybe for a washroom or for general storage of things in your house or do not want in your garage. Basement finishing will, however, transform your useable space into a more comfortable area. Choose to use it as a family room, game room, party area, office, or bedroom suite. The choices are unlimited.
- Eliminates Certain Problems – With an unfinished basement, many people face the problems of mold and dampness that not only affects the basement but involves the rest of the home as well. The dampness in your basement can cause damage to your floors and walls in other parts of the house. Mold can grow and spread everywhere inside the walls as well. In finishing your basement, you will have to follow local codes to correct everything and as such your house will be safer from mold or damage.
- Adds Value – Basement finishing can add to the dollar value of your home. After finishing your basement, you can add the square footage into the overall space of your home. If you do not fully finish your basement, it may or may not be included. However, even if it is not included, potential buyers will be willing to pay extra because of the value that finishing the basement will bring.
Two Types of Materials
- Basement Finishing System – These systems have a lot of benefits over drywall. They feature fireproof abilities as well as mold and mildew resistant, eco-friendly, energy-efficient and can be easily updated if or when you want to change the look of your basement finishing.
- Drywall –You will also hear this referred to as plasterboard, gypsum board or wallboard. This is useable for walls in your basement. They are quick to install and depending on the amount of drywall you need to have installed, it could take a couple of hours to two days. The material is cut to size; outlets and other holes are cut out. Then it is fixed to the existing wall structure with the use of glue and nails or more recently with drywall screws. This type of material makes plumbing and electrical installations easily done. It also has the benefit of making the home more energy-efficient.
Call our home remodeling experts today at 1-800-NEW-SPACE to get started on your dream basement!