Front-Entry Doors in Madison, WI
Making your house look its best does take a bit of effort. One way you can enhance the look of your home without much work is by replacing your entry door. Entry doors are just what their names suggest – doors that provide entry access to a home. You will find these in single or double door designs. Many times these doors, have windows or glass panes on either side and even to the top to add aesthetic appeal. We provide doors with many finishes and various materials such as wood, steel or fiberglass. Even if you do not choose a door made from wood, you will be able to find one of the other materials that mimic the wood appearance. These doors are your first line of defense from thieves, so you want to select a door that is durable, strong and not one that is simply affordable.
Benefits of Having Good Front Entry Doors in your Home
- Security – The finest entry doors are those that provide the best protection from burglars and other criminals. They ensure that once they are locked, you are safe within the walls of your home knowing you have a sturdy door that can withstand lock-picking and attempts to kick it in.
- Curb Appeal – Entry doors can do a lot to increase the aesthetics of the front of your home. You can find doors in matching or contrasting colors, as well as detailed finishes that match your home’s trim. This type of door could be the only facelift your house needs to make it look a lot better and to take it into the modern era.
- Energy-Efficiency – Replacing these doors is not only done to make your house look better. Other advantages to getting rid of your old door that has been on your home for the past twenty years is that newer doors have more energy-efficient features. There are now multiple layers of glass as well as special coats applied to reflect UV rays from sunlight. Additionally, gases are being injected into panes to provided added insulation. Additionally, many other tools are being created to make energy-efficient doors.
Learn how Mad City Roofing can enhance the look of your home with diverse entry door options. Contact a sales representative today at 1-800-NEW WINDOWS!
Types of Front Entry Doors
- Fiberglass – These offer a lot of variety to homeowners. Doors made from this material will last you a lot longer than wood or steel doors and they are virtually maintenance free. These doors can last for up to 20 years without requiring repainting or touch-ups. They are affordable as well with prices ranging from $150 to $600.
- Steel – Steel doors offer you the advantage of affordability. You can find these doors for as little as $150, not including the cost of paying a professional to install. They offer a little more protection from vandalism, theft and bodily harm than wood or fiberglass doors, but only last an average of five to seven years. They are easily damaged due to heavy rains or salt air, so people in certain areas will not benefit much from these doors.
- Wood – If you want a high-end look, then wood entry doors would definitely be your first choice. They do involve a lot of maintenance to keep them in tip-top shape such as yearly refinishing to prevent warping and splitting of the wood. These doors are on the costly side ranging from $500 to $2000, and custom doors can be even more.
At Mad City Roofing we put the customer first, request a FREE CONSULTATION today to learn more about all of our home improvement options.