Patio Doors in Madison, WI
Stylize your home with the natural beauty of new patio doors. Patio doors are used as entry ways from your home to your patio. You will find them in a wide selection of materials and styles. Each type comes with their advantages and disadvantages as well as various maintenance needs. There are wooden doors that are both aesthetically pleasing while providing an insulating effect. Also, patio doors come in aluminum doors that are very affordable but do not provide a lot of insulation properties. Vinyl doors, which come in a variety of colors, are very affordable while providing homeowners with good quality patio doors. As it pertains to styles, you can find sliding doors as well as French doors. Sliding doors are the most popular.
Benefits of Having Good Patio Doors in your Home
- Patio Door Material - The most popular patio doors are not made from wood. If you choose one that is made from composite materials, not only will you have a durable door that looks great, but you will not have to worry about things such as rotting like with traditional wood framed doors. This means that these doors could last a lifetime, if they are properly installed by a professional as well as correctly maintained.
- Energy Savings – When you buy the right patio doors you will see a dramatic change in your energy bills for the positive. Good quality doors will be on the more expensive side. However, the savings that you will reap over time is far greater than those you will get from a door that is made with inferior materials and designs. When checking out doors in the store, get touchy – run your hands over them, open and close them to get a feel of how well they are constructed.
- Security – Most doors today come with extra features to ensure enhanced safety. Patio doors may come with the minimum flush bolt. There are also a few types that give you the opportunity to lock the door from outside so that it can be used as an entry point to the house, if necessary.
Finding the perfect patio door is easy with Mad City Roofing. Our experts are trained in finding the perfect patio door for any home, contact our experts at 1-800-NEW WINDOWS to learn more.
Types of Patio Doors
There are two types of patio doors that have advantages and disadvantages.
- Sliding Doors – These are among the most common types of patio doors. They were the pioneers of patio doors and they are still being used by most as the door of choice. These types are helpful in the sense that they allow you to have the patio door wide open without taking up useable space. They are also very easy to maintain and allow a lot of light as well as heat into a room on a cold day. Plus, they are very affordable.
- French Doors – These types of doors feature multiple windows and usually open in or out. There are, however, new doors that are called sliding French doors. French doors have the advantage of adding to the style element of your home. On the other hand, they need to be made more secure by adding locks on both the top and bottom of the doors, as their latching mechanism is a weaker point.
Still not sure on what patio door is right for you? Request a FREE CONSULTATION and well work with you to find the perfect patio doors.