Storm Doors in Madison, WI
Storm doors can truly help set the tone for you home, so choosing the proper storm door is critical. Storm doors are those doors that are placed on the outside of your regular entry door to protect it from weather and to lower cooling as well as heating costs. It not only provides protection from weather, but also gives an added layer of insulation. You can find them with self-storing glass panels or with fixed glass panels. If you choose the fixed glass door, you will have the ability to remove the glass then replace it with a screen in the months when storms are not expected. The self–storing type allows you to slide the glass up or down to allow air into your home if you wish.
Advantages of Storm Doors
- Added Energy-Saver – Even with an energy-efficient entry door, you can still increase the energy-efficiency even more with storm doors. Doors that feature weather-stripping or that have tight-fitting seals can affect your annual energy savings.
- Long Lasting – These doors are built to withstand things that regular doors cannot. This means that in most cases, they include parts that are robotically welded. This allows them the ability to withstand almost anything, which makes them extremely durable.
- Entry Door Longer Lasting – Since storm doors protect your entry doors from the elements, this means that installing such a door will keep your entrance door in tip-top shape for longer. When a storm door is installed on its exterior, your entry door will need less repainting and refinishing.
- Security – If thieves and other unscrupulous people have to go through two levels of locks to get into your house, chances are they will not even try. When you have a storm door installed and they do try, it will confirm it is too time consuming as well as impossible to get through both doors.
Contact our home improvement experts today at 1-800-NEW WINDOWS to learn more about how Storm Doors can help protect and save on energy consumption for your home!
Tips for Storm Doors
- Hardware – Choosing the right hardware for your storm door is just as important as choosing the right door. You want to decide on hardware such as lockable handles that have nice cosmetic finishes and looks.
- Dual Purpose – You can choose a door that is perfect for the rainy or stormy season but just as ideal for warm to hot summer days, when the sun is bright and a gentle breeze is blowing. These doors allow you to remove the glass pane completely or allow you to slide panes to create an opening letting air into your home.
- Hanging – It is always best to have your doors properly hung by a professional. If you attempt to do this task yourself you will find that you do not get the energy savings you hoped for. Hanging the door properly is a main part of its energy-efficient ability. If a tight seal is not created when hanging the door then there will be no energy savings in your future. Even though it may be more inexpensive to do it yourself, in the long run it will pay off to have a professional to hang your storm door.
Lower your cooling and heating cost with a new storm door from Mad City Roofing. Request a FREE CONSULTATION to find out how!