Are you looking to upgrade your home’s windows or doors? Getting all-new replacement windows can significantly impact the look and feel of your home. A brand-new door installation can have the same effect. However, you may be wondering about one crucial question of scheduling: Is it worthwhile to get your windows and doors replaced at the same time? Or can it be cost-effective to space the construction out?
After looking at all of the possible reasons and rationales, it turns out that it is a good idea to pair a door replacement with an already-existing window replacement project. It’s a more efficient use of your window contractors’ time--and it offers a good opportunity to make sure your home is all updated at the same time.
Here are a few reasons why it’s a good idea to pair the two replacements:
- Many of the signs that can tell you it’s a good time to replace your windows also are good reasons to replace your doors. For example, if you feel a draft in your home or you notice that one of your windows has deterioration along the frame, you wouldn’t want to go through all the hassle and expense of fixing only some of the windows and/or doors in your home, only to realize that the draft was still present--or that you still had other windows and doors that needed updates.
- Because one of the more expensive parts of getting your windows and doors updated is paying for the time of your window contractors, it makes sense to ask them to do as much as possible while they’re already at your home.
- Your windows and doors were likely all installed around the same time, so when one starts to leak or is in need of an update, there’s a good chance that the others will soon follow. If your windows and doors were all installed at different times, it might be a good idea to get them all updated at the same time anyway--it’ll add value to your home, and it’ll make updating them in the future a far simpler and easier task.
- If you’re replacing your windows and doors at the same time, you’ll enjoy a far more dramatic increase in the comfort and energy-efficiency of your home. Because it can be gratifying to see a visible and measurable result for your investment, it can therefore make sense to pair your door installation with your window installation.
- Prioritizing the update of your windows and doors at the same time can also allow you to take advantage of technologies that work well together, giving you even more energy-efficiency for your update.
No matter how you decide to manage your door and window upgrade, there’s no denying that it makes sense to invest in both at the same time. If you’re able to manage the up-front cost, it’s probable that you will save money over the long run! When you’re ready to start learning more about the window and door options available to you, look no further than the skilled window contractors and door specialists at Mad City Windows. We’ll be able to help you pick products that will work flawlessly with your home.