Will New Siding Help Reduce My Energy Bills?November 5, 2012
We are all looking for ways to save and as a homeowner the bills really do add up. So much so that sometimes one has to wonder if they would not be simply better off paying rent. As a homeowner the prospect of saving money in energy bills usually comes down to spending money to make your home more energy efficient and when it comes to siding that is one way you can get your home to become more energy efficient.
The Benefits of Insulated Vinyl Siding
It may not be as expensive as you think to add new siding or to replace the siding on your home. While insulated siding will be higher priced than your regular siding it will return the money because you will be saving money on your energy, cooling and heating bills.
Energy star rated products are said to help you save up to 25% of your energy bill but other data shows persons saving in excess of 30% of their energy bills in their first year alone. If you go ahead and not only install energy efficient siding but also do other changes to make your home energy efficient through changing your light bulbs and including energy efficient windows that let in more natural light you can save even more on a yearly basis. This means that in a couple years you could be able to recoup the cost of installing the siding in the first place and from there on your savings can add up in your retirement account or wherever else you want it to be.
Other Advantages of Vinyl Siding
- It helps your home to have a new look.
- It can also help to keep out unwanted noise from the outside so that you have the pleasure of relaxing in your home without disturbances.
- It can help to prevent damage to your house from storms which gives you piece of mind during a storm.
- If you are on a budget you can choose cost effective siding made from either aluminum or vinyl but if you are looking for cost effective siding at affordable prices you will be better of choosing vinyl siding.
- It gives you a way to be eco-friendly. If you want to live greener then adding siding to your home is a good way to do so especially if you choose vinyl siding.
If you are looking for siding to reduce your energy bill (which I am sure is why you are here) choose products that have the Energy Star label. If you are doing other home improvement to include adding windows and appliances you will also benefit from purchasing items that have the Energy Star label. Don’t just go with the label but also take the time to read the Energy Guide label so you can compare the different models available so you can get the most for your money and can get the most energy efficient appliance that your money can buy. Why – because an item with the same Energy Star label doesn’t offer the same savings as all other items with the label. The amount of savings they have to offer will only be found if you read the label. This means making your house more energy efficient and reducing your energy bills is something that you will have to put a lot of work into.